Tank cleaning vs tank watching time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Very busy lately but just realised that I usually spend 2hrs a week on a water change and everything else to do on the tank.

I'm kind of avoiding watching the tank as the canister filters need cleaning but I think I spend more time on maintaining the tank then enjoying it.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah, I don't enjoy looking at my tank sometimes because even though all fish are healthy, the scape looks terrible and the tank has a lot of algae, but I know what you mean.

Can't appreciate the sunshine without the rain! I'm a big procrastinator, I'll put things off sometimes that bother me but I still enjoy looking at my tanks

I misread this at first that you like maintaining the tank more than watching it. But now I realize you mean you never have time to just watch it! That sucks! :(

I guess I am lucky, fiddling/maintenance is part of what I enjoy (bet that surprises you not at all)

Very busy lately but just realised that I usually spend 2hrs a week on a water change and everything else to do on the tank.

I'm kind of avoiding watching the tank as the canister filters need cleaning but I think I spend more time on maintaining the tank then enjoying it.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Im in the exact same boat as you dela. But in most cases, things will work out to give you more leisure time. Thats exactly how things are gonna be for me anyways.

I enjoy the maintenance of the tanks, it's hard to worry about life when concentrating on siphoning mucky water. But I do make a point of seriously watching the tank for about 10-15 minutes a day, to check everything is ok and to enjoy the results of my labours. My main tank is part of my living space and it would seem strange without it.
Am I the only one who speaks to them though? ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thursday's is the day I finish earlier then normal so I head straight home and spend the next 1hr or 2 doing water changes and any trimming or cleaning that's needed.

I leave early before my lights come on and get home most days when they're off. I really only get to appreciate it on a weekend, but in saying that when ever I'm angry or in a bad mood you can find me in my room with the tanks. I just have to turn the lights on.

I enjoy the maintenance of the tanks, it's hard to worry about life when concentrating on siphoning mucky water. But I do make a point of seriously watching the tank for about 10-15 minutes a day, to check everything is ok and to enjoy the results of my labours. My main tank is part of my living space and it would seem strange without it.
Am I the only one who speaks to them though? ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Lol no you're not I yell at my GBR and puffer sometimes to not be such jerks to everything :ROFLMAO:

I call my ryukin a fat greedy git.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I make weird faces at my betta and coo at my shark XD sorry not sorry. I also enjoy taking care of the tank and fixing my aquascape.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I think I must enjoy the pwc work (or at least enjoy seeing the results) and normally I enjoy sitting there doing some test results. I'm kind of doing something peaceful.

But lately it's been rush home and put some food in the tank / count the schools - that's about it :(

I have been trying to feed at more consistent timing which has helped settle the angelfish down. I know it is what it is but last week I got home too late to really feed the fish.

Just tired of the whole lot you know. Roll on some leisure time!

Back
Top Bottom