tank cracked!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The corner of my tank is cracked. When my friend gave it to me he said it was no big deal, but it seems to have gotten worse, or at least this is the first I've noticed. Its not leaking bad but I an touch it every 10 minutes or so and my finger will be a tad wet. The pic side isn't wet but the back is. Is there any ways I can fix this? Something I can put over it? I just want it to hold, this tank is just temporary till I get my 180. Is it just a matter of time until it gives way?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110926_101407.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_101407.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 92
  • ForumRunner_20110926_101433.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_101433.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 88
The corner of my tank is cracked. When my friend gave it to me he said it was no big deal, but it seems to have gotten worse, or at least this is the first I've noticed. Its not leaking bad but I an touch it every 10 minutes or so and my finger will be a tad wet. The pic side isn't wet but the back is. Is there any ways I can fix this? Something I can put over it? I just want it to hold, this tank is just temporary till I get my 180. Is it just a matter of time until it gives way?

Honestly duck tape

Just make sure the glass is completely dry before putting the tape on, but ya. And just keep checking.

If you want a more perm solution they make aquarium safe silicone that sets in water, but I have never used it. So I would bow out to someone who has.

Depending on how long you have to wait for the new tank would determine which one I would use.

skiweeangel said:
Just make sure the glass is completely dry before putting the tape on, but ya. And just keep checking.

If you want a more perm solution they make aquarium safe silicone that sets in water, but I have never used it. So I would bow out to someone who has.

Depending on how long you have to wait for the new tank would determine which one I would use.

New tank is still about a year off, Im getting it for sure. I just gotta wait until I move.this may sound dumb but if I used the silicone would I use it on the inside or outside of the tank?

Duct tape isn't going to work. Silicone on the inside of the tank is the only way... and to do it properly, you'll need to strip the current seam out and replace the whole seam.

Back
Top Bottom