Tank feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here it is. A ten gallon with tetra whisper of ten. 1 half moon betta, 1 male platy, and 4 young ghost shrimp. I plan on adding 3 black neon tetras later. Please leave some feedback, and if you see something wrong, please tell me.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422833088.602767.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422833121.813868.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422833151.724936.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Here it is. A ten gallon with tetra whisper of ten. 1 half moon betta, 1 male platy, and 4 young ghost shrimp. I plan on adding 3 black neon tetras later. Please leave some feedback, and if you see something wrong, please tell me.View attachment 263015View attachment 263016View attachment 263017

I wouldn't add black neons. They prefer to be in schools greater than five and need a bigger tank than a ten gallon. I'd add some nerite snails and let your betta enjoy his mansion. I've got my betta in a ten gallon with one nerite snail. Sometimes I think it looks so empty, but then he starts swimming around and it's obvious he loves the room since upgrading him from a 5.5 gallon.

What about 3 neons. Possibly cardinals?

I think you'll run into the same issue: both neons and cardinals like a school of a half-dozen or more, so they may not be a good fit.

Add more shrimp, a couple of female platy, perhaps? This way your male has his companions!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What about 3 neons. Possibly cardinals?

All tetras do best in groups of five or larger. Personally, neons are junk, bottom of the barrel fish IMO. Minimum listing on most neons is 10g, including the black. I would suggest some more research on tetras in general. Some are quite nippy and will become a problem. I myself would just leave it as the lone fish.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I have to agree--I've never had luck with neons. Then again, I have harder water, but to me, they are also boring. It's neat to see them school, but other than that, no. They are very flighty. I think the betta with a nerite would be perfect. I had just a male betta with a mystery snail in my 10 for the three years he lived. He was very happy, and yes, they DO get more active in a 10 gallon than they do in those 2-3 gallon tanks that are a deathtrap as far as I'm concerned.

In my 10 gal betta tank I have about 4 White Cloud Mountain minnows, and plan on bumping that up to about 7. I'm not sure how much a platy adds to the bio load, but if it isn't much I find White Cloud Mountain minnows endearing and fun, so I recommend them. If you really want to add fish I check aqadvisor to make sure stock level are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, they are very fun to sit back and watch. They are fairly hardy as well! Three of the four that had to deal with me before I knew anything about fish keeping are still with me today, so that's saying something! Really energetic, so a nice way to brighten your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am kind of burnt out of nerite because they never stop laying eggs. I have a gold inca in my 36 Gallo. That I could move down.

Back
Top Bottom