Tank Finished?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been out for the memorial day weekend, and my dad fed my fish while I was gone. I have had my 28 gallon cycling, and the nitrite has pretty much been consistantly high without the ammonia rising up. I got back today (later monday) and its been the first time since setting up the tank about 2 weeks ago that the levels have been fine. Is the tank is finished cycling?

Sounds like it is a go to me. If you already have fish then yes, the bacteria has built up and you are good to go.

Even if there was never an ammonia spike?

You have plants, right? sometimes with plants, you will never see an ammonia spike, the plants will take up ammonia really fast.

IMO, I think you are done your cycle, but add fish slow, and keep testing the water.

I had 2 bala sharks, a black shark, and a pleco in my tank during the cycle. I know I know, not a good idea, but there was no other place to put them. I tested the water every day and made sure to keep the levels to somewhat managable or the best I could get with water changes.

I would reccomend a week or so test to make sure you all good to go. Being a planted tank, like corvuscorax said can give you some different standards than a non-planted tank. A week can't hurt, but it sure can help.

Back
Top Bottom