Tank finished cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so my tank has finished cycling so when can I add my old fish I have already put in my 2 mollies so when can I add my
• Harlequin Rasboras
• peppered corys
• zebra loaches
• oto
• Bolivian rams
• rainbow fish
• cockatoo cichlid
• cherry barbs
• tetras

;

Harlequin Rasboras

Fairly hardy, should go in second or third

• peppered corys

Among the more hardy cories. Could be added third or fourth

• zebra loaches

I would leave these guys a while - maybe until fourth or fifth

• oto

Definatly leave these off until your tank is mature and you have plenty of algae. You can probably judge this

• Bolivian rams

Hardier than german blue rams, but leave these for a while.

• rainbow fish

Not sure

• cockatoo cichlid

Not sure

• cherry barbs

IMO, these should be your first out of this lot. They are nice and hardy, great for new set ups

• tetras

What type of tetra?

I have written in red

Make sure you add them slowly - just a few a week. What size is your tank? I assume you have space and correct shoal sizes?

Hope this helps

4Harlequin Rasboras
2 but will get morepeppered corys
2 but will get more zebra loaches
1 oto
2Bolivian rams
4rainbow fish
1 malecockatoo cichlid
5cherry barbs
6tetras

see red

How did you cycle? If you cycled fishless with ammonia you can add all of them now, the quicker the better while you have a lot of bacteria. Otherwise add them slowly as mentioned above. What size tank?

librarygirl said:
How did you cycle? If you cycled fishless with ammonia you can add all of them now/QUOTE]

Not exactly accurate, it depends on the level of dosing.

If they only used small amounts the BB would suffice for complete stocking :)

librarygirl said:
How did you cycle? If you cycled fishless with ammonia you can add all of them now

Not exactly accurate, it depends on the level of dosing.

If they only used small amounts the BB would suffice for complete stocking :)

Not sure I follow. The general guideline is cycling with 4 ppms of ammonia which shouuld be sufficient. And how would smaller amounts of ammonia equal more BB for stocking completely?

To fishyperson:

SOrry I missed the 47 gal in the other reply.

DO you have all of these fish now? You might have some issues with overstocking, especially once all of the schools are increased. Plus if you have opposite sex of the Rams they can get aggressive when they breed and the rasboras and barbs could be in trouble and possibly the tetras depending on what kind. What kind of rainbow fish? Rainbow Cichlid? If so they prefer a larger group of about 8 which would be too much for your tank.

librarygirl said:
How did you cycle? If you cycled fishless with ammonia you can add all of them now, the quicker the better while you have a lot of bacteria. Otherwise add them slowly as mentioned above. What size tank?

Fish less and 47 gallon

librarygirl said:
Not sure I follow. The general guideline is cycling with 4 ppms of ammonia which shouuld be sufficient. And how would smaller amounts of ammonia equal more BB for stocking completely?

To fishyperson:

SOrry I missed the 47 gal in the other reply.

DO you have all of these fish now? You might have some issues with overstocking, especially once all of the schools are increased. Plus if you have opposite sex of the Rams they can get aggressive when they breed and the rasboras and barbs could be in trouble and possibly the tetras depending on what kind. What kind of rainbow fish? Rainbow Cichlid? If so they prefer a larger group of about 8 which would be too much for your tank.

Most of them yes
Praevox rainbow

Back
Top Bottom