tank has a bunch of bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK so I have a tank that's about 4 months old now. Its a 20 gallon slightly planted tank the temp is at 80 and the water loks a little foggy. When I take a closer look it appears there are thousands of little bubbles everywhere. Now I thought that this was normal until I went into my sisters room and looked at her 10 gal tank and the water is crystal clear :( with no such bubbles. I do normal water changes in both tanks but its still like that. In the 10 gallon that's clear I'm running n aqueon filter. In my 20 that's got the bubbles I'm using an aquatech filter

It may be a bacteria bloom if the waters cloudy. If it was done right after a water change it may just be that the water you put in was cloudy to begin with... Did you add anything new to the aquarium recently?

Why is this happening I did everything that the online thing told me to do. My aquarium it already gone through the nitrogen cycle so I have no idea what I should do about this

That may be why, there may be small particles of debris from the plants. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if it doesn't clear up in a few hours maybe there is a problem. But just wait and see

It doesn't appear to be hurtimg my my fish but it just looks ugly. And it makes the tank look foggy. Non of the fishes gills are red from any kind of burns and they aren't acting abnormslly.

It still looks the same its been like this for a while now. Like a few weeks

Its not foggy as if there's stuff floating around. Its foggy with bubbles thousands of tiny bubbles just swirling around. I mean you can see everything in the tank its just if you concentrate on the water you see all the bubbles

Hmm...Get some carbon in the filter and vacuum the gravel a bit. Care to take a picture?

Humanis1993 said:
Its not foggy as if there's stuff floating around. Its foggy with bubbles thousands of tiny bubbles just swirling around. I mean you can see everything in the tank its just if you concentrate on the water you see all the bubbles

Do you have an air stone? Those ones that make tiny bubbles?
When I have my 26G tank, I added an air stone, then the water became just as you described, so the solution was to dig the air stone into the gravel, this creates a bigger size bubbles and in two days the water went clear, no more tiny bubbles. Or just turned off for 4 days to test this theory.

My two cents. I mean, just an idea, another kind of possible solution maybe......

If it is air bubbles, there is a possibility that your filter (power filter?) is taking in some air and chipping bubbles... I've also seen this with a canister filter that not all the air got out of...

Its an hob filter. I don't have an air stone :( I put the filter in a week ago so the carbon should be practically new right? I think it just may be that aqua tech filter is causing this. Because my sisters tank is clear and she's running an aqueon hob filter

I've heard that if the filter is shut off for a few seconds air gets into it and the air bubble gets chopped up. Not sure if that's true though.

Do some water changes, and look for a different filter to eliminate the issue altogether. I have a hunch something might have been on your plants, but I could be wrong.

So if the air bubbles are chopped up what should I di? Turn off my filter for the night? I have an extra filter ready to use.

I have extra cartidges for this filter and I have another hob filter I could switch to if need be.

Humanis1993 said:
So if the air bubbles are chopped up what should I di? Turn off my filter for the night? I have an extra filter ready to use.

Tomorrow leave the filter off for 30+ min and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom