Tank Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my girlfriend gave me her tank after it was whiped out by the lil sister who thought fish liked pancakes. I want to do this tank as an experiment tank so any pics will help for aquascape and at the moment stocking ideas would be great its a tiny tank think 8g or smaller.

What kind of experiment?

An exact tank size would help folks suggest some appropriate stock. When you start getting that small, there is a big difference in options for say, a 3 gal tank vs. an 8 gal tank.

Well im at work so when I get home Il get messurements.

But just thing like what ferts atcually work better and what fish I can get to house together that shouldnt be housed in the same tank like shrimp with cichlids ect ect. And to see how a good aquascape can benfit the fish's temprement over a poorly aquascaped tank

Not sure any of what you mentioned requires experimentation. It is pretty widely known that cichlids (or any fish large enough) will eat FW shrimp. You can save yourself some cash :).

How do you intend to measure a fish's temperament?

Just sitting and watching every fish has its own personality but i you effect their suroundings their daily life is changed an can cause fin bitting and other nasty

I ended up using it as a fry tank and decided to do a small planted tank for a project. So far I have dosed it with flourish excel and im planing to buy some more ferts, but im not sure on what I should buy. Im still new to plants.

mini planted

Attachments

• image-3598627358.jpg
    image-3598627358.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 66
Here's some pics of my planted tanks I use flourish excel in both tanks and have Eco complete substrate and sand mixed together in one of the tank honestly I don't see the Eco substrate making any noticeable difference but that's prob because I need a light upgrade in that tank to really make the plants grow but they don't die so I'm happy and honestly when plants grow they grow like out of control fast my discus tank I have I constantly cut plants back and take some out or it would overwhelm my tank in a few months time.

Attachments

• image-1952264486.jpg
    image-1952264486.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1590914309.jpg
    image-1590914309.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1241833254.jpg
    image-1241833254.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2149502863.jpg
    image-2149502863.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 56
Thats a nice looking tank. I just want to bost the growth of my plants more

lamby said:
Thats a nice looking tank. I just want to bost the growth of my plants more

What plants do you have? what lighting are you using? Usually that's all I've ever needed to get plants to grow well I use small amounts of the flourish excel and it definitely does speed the growth up.

The tanks an Ibox nano lighting is 4.32w aqua zonic led light seems to be doing the job theirs new growth on all the plants that have been in their for a while

im not sure on the small leaved plant what the name atcualy is but i know ones penny wort and the others dwarf hair grass just need a trim

Back
Top Bottom