Tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys

I'm posting this for a friend,

She has a 100lt tank with marine t-5 lighting but has tropical fish in it, she has had if for 2 months 1 month with out fish, it's cycled and every thing but she is losing fish daily ! She had 12 Guppys now down to 5! She took a water sample to the lfs and he said the water was fine!

Would the T-5 lighting cause this to happen ? I didn't no but sail ill ask you peeps ;-)

Moobs99 said:
Hey guys

She has a 100lt tank with marine t-5 lighting but has tropical fish in it, she has had if for 2 months 1 month with out fish, it's cycled and every thing but she is losing fish daily ! She had 12 Guppys now down to 5! She took a water sample to the lfs and he said the water was fine!

Would the T-5 lighting cause this to happen ? I didn't no but sail ill ask you peeps ;-)

I've never heard if that. I'd recommend getting API freshwater master test kit. Most LFS use strips and are very inaccurate. I e seen them give diff readings on the same water sample before.

Moobs99 said:
Hey guys

Also most people here are going to ask for water parameters to be able to really understand what's going on with the tank.

Ok just got a reply text she said it was

Ph 6,7
Nitate 0.6
Nitrite 0.5
And water temp is kept at 28

Hope that helps

Ok she said the

Ph was 6,7
Nitrate 0,6
Nitrit 0.5

Water temp is 28

Hope that helps

Moobs99 said:
Ok just got a reply text she said it was

Ph 6,7
Nitate 0.6
Nitrite 0.5
And water temp is kept at 28

Hope that helps
Nitrites should be 0 she needs to do pwc til it's 0. Prolly the reason for losing fish.

Back
Top Bottom