Tank Mate Question Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruedy077

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I currently have a Sarasa Comet in a 10 Gal tank and am setting up and cycling a 55 gal tank also to move him too. Would like to get one maybe 2 tanks mates (I know that is pushing it a bit but i am willing to put in the effort to do very frequent water changes to keep the bio load stable) and suggestions on tank mates for a Sarasa?

id have to say nothing, as even the 55 gallon is not enough, those fish should really be in a pond or at minimum a 180 gallon tank

I understand the need a lot space, but under these circumstances i do not have the money or space to maintain a tank that large but and looking to upgrade down the road. But as far as a tank mate goes do you have any recomendations?

Like I said nothing, that fish will quickly out grow the bio filtration capacity of a 55 gallon tank, adding other fish will only complicate that, so just having him will allow you to keep him a little while longer till you can upgrade to something much much bigger. If you don't think that will be possible ( really should be in a pond) is recommended selling him to someone that has the means of taking care of him and getting the smaller variaty of gold fish or go tropical. Don't want to sound harsh but that's just how it is

Back
Top Bottom