Tank mate suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
So far in my 20 gallon I have

3 long fin zebra danios
1 zebra danio
1 comet platy "I still don't know what it's called"
1 dwarf gourami

Looking for some cool colorful tank mates for them. I am going to get 2 more danios either long fin or normal probably normal so I I have 3 of each I like the variation but they shook together.

So let em rip ! Suggestion time !

Love my kuhli loach! you maybe want to get more than one as they like company and you'll get to see them more. I always wanted black but my lfs only sell banded :)

Love my kuhli loach! you maybe want to get more than one as they like company and you'll get to see them more. I always wanted black but my lfs only sell banded :)

My petsmart has em for 1.99usd they were .99 on Memorial Day! D

Can they escape from the tank

Mine don't, the only issue I had when they were small was they kept climbing into my filter! But now they don't bother. Really enjoy watching them climbing, i have 14 in my 53 gallon.

One of mine kept climbing into my aqua clear. They swim up the outflow. This only happened if my water level was really high though. They won't jump out of the water just to get into the filter.

I might get some mesh than and rig a cover over the out flow I don't want them swimming up into my bio wheel or my fluval c3 drop tray

Lol, they're not difficult, just persistent :) I think he kept gettin into my filter because that's the only place he would find snails to eat.

Oh they eat snails? I have some trumpet snails contemplating putting them in my main tank they are in the fry tank right now to clean up. And somehow my fry keep disappearing

Oh they eat snails? I have some trumpet snails contemplating putting them in my main tank they are in the fry tank right now to clean up. And somehow my fry keep disappearing

I'm not sure if they're known for eating snails themselves but I'm certain they eat the snail eggs. Your trumpet snails are probably grabbing the fry at night. When they're on the tank floor. What kind of fry do you have...?

I'm not sure if they're known for eating snails themselves but I'm certain they eat the snail eggs. Your trumpet snails are probably grabbing the fry at night. When they're on the tank floor. What kind of fry do you have...?

Zebra danio fry so in other words they are tiny I also had 2 ghost shrimp was told they would t eat the fry .

I had my tank with danios to cycle for a week and when I got home from Vegas. There were tiny little fry. 1/8 the size of these two. I found one in a bucket after cleaning my gravel in the bucket. I netted him out and the smaller ones used airline tubing to syphon them out. Then found the other big one when I was stirring up my gravel last week. Not sure how they got so big in less than 3 weeks but it happened. Then I had about 60 of the small ones and about half died do I sucked out the dead ones then I put a sponge filter in and the it went down to 4 and then I saw 1 get sucked in. They are so small even the sponge filter was to much.. So i took that out. Then I had 3 and when I was changing out my substrate the past 2 days I found about 8-10 more then they disappeared so took out the ghost shrimp and put them back in their regular tank.

So 2 big 3 little. I also have my breeder box hanging off of the back of my fry tank it has an air tube to pull new water in I had a panty hose covering the intake untill 2 nights ago. So some of them could have been sucked up there and eaten by their brothers lol.

Long story out by the pool relaxing.

image-588918878.jpg

Zebra danio fry so in other words they are tiny I also had 2 ghost shrimp was told they would t eat the fry .

I had my tank with danios to cycle for a week and when I got home from Vegas. There were tiny little fry. 1/8 the size of these two. I found one in a bucket after cleaning my gravel in the bucket. I netted him out and the smaller ones used airline tubing to syphon them out. Then found the other big one when I was stirring up my gravel last week. Not sure how they got so big in less than 3 weeks but it happened. Then I had about 60 of the small ones and about half died do I sucked out the dead ones then I put a sponge filter in and the it went down to 4 and then I saw 1 get sucked in. They are so small even the sponge filter was to much.. So i took that out. Then I had 3 and when I was changing out my substrate the past 2 days I found about 8-10 more then they disappeared so took out the ghost shrimp and put them back in their regular tank.

So 2 big 3 little. I also have my breeder box hanging off of the back of my fry tank it has an air tube to pull new water in I had a panty hose covering the intake untill 2 nights ago. So some of them could have been sucked up there and eaten by their brothers lol.

Long story out by the pool relaxing.

That's a lot of fry XD I've never had my danios reproduce. (Maybe they did but the fry were eaten quickly) yeah the ghost shrimp definitely took advantage of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom