Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cwabby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For anyone who has a Rainbow shark, have you ever tried (although I read not recommended) adding a couple Cory cats? He doesn't bother any of my other fish, even when they surf the bottom at times..but he's only been in there a short while. I'd hate to stress my beloved peppered and Sterbai by adding them (from the smaller tank) and having them picked on in there. The stress from removing them again is not something i want to put them through :facepalm: I understand some things are trial and error when it comes to aggressive/territorial fish..Yes I know.. I should have researched more first.

Hi..It's a 29 gal. All I have in there so far are two Boesemani rainbow fish and a few zebra/leopard danio.

Hi..It's a 29 gal. All I have in there so far are two Boesemani rainbow fish and a few zebra/leopard danio.

A 29gal is too small for an RBS... I recommend a 55gal at minimum... And only if you set up territories for it to claim with ornaments, plants, DW and Rocks.
They are docile as juveniles, but become territorially agressive as they mature and will claim territories. I can see an RBS terrorizing cories in a 29gal.

Back
Top Bottom