Tank Mates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshy92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! Just a few questions and some advice would be much appreciated before I go to my LFS

I currently have a 90gal set up, fully cycled with loads of fish in there.

I have
8x Zebra Danios
11x Rummy Nose Tetras
3x Cardinals (Had more but became a snack I think)
7x Guppies (5 males 2 females)
2x Bolivian Rams (I think 2 Females)
1x Half Moon Betta
2x Chinese Algae Eaters (1 Gold 1 Brown)
2x Pictus Catfish
4x Skunk Cory
4x Clown Loaches
2x Horseface Loaches
1x Albino Bristlenose

I want
2 more clown loaches and maybe 2 more skunk cory to add to the social group.
4 yellow rainbow and 4 turquoise
2 aquatic frogs
2 electric blue rams ( Male and Female)
to my knowledge all of the above should be perfectly fine with my current setup BUT I want a main feature in my tank, something really cool like a black ghost knife fish or a bichir but I no they may eat smaller fish.

What do you guys/girls think? should I try add a ghost knife fish to my tank or even a bichir if its a definite no to the ghost fish which would be my first choice.

If its a 100% no to both then what other super cool fish can I add in its place?

Hi everyone! Just a few questions and some advice would be much appreciated before I go to my LFS

I currently have a 90gal set up, fully cycled with loads of fish in there.

I have
8x Zebra Danios
11x Rummy Nose Tetras
3x Cardinals (Had more but became a snack I think)
7x Guppies (5 males 2 females)
2x Bolivian Rams (I think 2 Females)
1x Half Moon Betta
2x Chinese Algae Eaters (1 Gold 1 Brown)
2x Pictus Catfish
4x Skunk Cory
4x Clown Loaches
2x Horseface Loaches
1x Albino Bristlenose

I want
2 more clown loaches and maybe 2 more skunk cory to add to the social group.
4 yellow rainbow and 4 turquoise
2 aquatic frogs
2 electric blue rams ( Male and Female)
to my knowledge all of the above should be perfectly fine with my current setup BUT I want a main feature in my tank, something really cool like a black ghost knife fish or a bichir but I no they may eat smaller fish.

What do you guys/girls think? should I try add a ghost knife fish to my tank or even a bichir if its a definite no to the ghost fish which would be my first choice.

If its a 100% no to both then what other super cool fish can I add in its place?

Hey! About your stock: I really like most of it but the clown loaches reach a huge size and need a minimum of 125g. So I wouldn't add anymore. The Chinese algae eaters are known to be very mean so I would consider rehoming them. From there I would add 6 thread fin rainbows. I don't know about a bichir but when that black ghost knife grows up it would be able to eat a third if not more of your stock. They are slow growers but they reach a big size. When they are fully grown I thinkthey require a tank of 200g+

I plan on getting a bigger tank fairly soon (If the misses will let me a very big tank lol) and moving all my stock into the larger tank.

I'd say no more fish, I'm afraid. You're massively overstocked now. If/when you can upgrade to a 350+ gal tank (mostly for the loaches as they get huge) then you can think about adding more, but not until then unless you can rehome some of the fish (mainly the loaches, the algae eaters as they're going to grow large and very destructive as they mature, and at least 2-3 other groups as well).

Additionally, I'd put the betta in its own 5-10 gal tank. If you want the frogs, set up a 10 gal tank for them; they're nearly blind, need to be target fed and need to come up for air so a tank that's more than 14" tall isn't good for them.

Back
Top Bottom