Tank Mates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soccerjohn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if you could put Danios Zebras with Bala Sharks and not have problems. I know that the zebras are community fish and the sharks are semi-aggressive so I wasn't sure. I thought that I read somewhere that someone has this combination. Thanks in advance.

Bala sharks and Danios work. They co-exist together very well though Bala sharks get big FAST, they need at least a 90 gallon tank for their powerful tails to be exercised! Also, keep a lid on it cause they can and will jump out of the tank (i once witnessed a 4 foot jump ... it was quite interesting)

They may do ok for a while, but bala sharks get very large (35 cm). The good news is they don't generally eat other fish. They also prefer to be in a group and need lots of swimming room. It would probably be better to get smaller fish to keep your danios company.

Thats what I was thinking. I have a 10 gal tank that I got for christmas and I was going to put 2 sharks in it but I wasn't sure if that was all. I was thinking some T-Foils but wasn't sure how big the sharks get either. Thanks. Maybe I will reconsider the sharks.

Tin Foil Barbs get big like 10", so I dont think its a good idea in a 10 gallon tank.

maybe try a redtail shark ... I had mine in a 10 gallon for about 2 years or so in which time he grew to about 4". And only get one since they tend to be territorial

Back
Top Bottom