Tank mates for golden wonder killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've had this fish for so long now and I love him he's so entertaining has quite a bit of color and is just a great fish to keep. The only problem is tank mates he eats anything too small and he also eats quite a bit even when something gets along with him. I want to add a school of something to the tank it's not planted or anything just black sand and a big airstone. Now it has to be bigger than neon tetras, harlequin rasbora, rummy nose etc because he will eat them all within a week. So what do you think will work? The tank is 15 gallons I've thought of giant danio bought they get pretty big. Thanks ~ Greg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1471323087410.jpg
    1471323087410.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,316
Not really any large schoolers that can go in a 15.

You could try cories though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If the tank were bigger, I would suggest rainbowfish. My golden wonder killi does well with them - he doesn't seem bothered by their high level of activity.

Another option would be a single Kribensis

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your tank is a bit small, but I have some suggestions: 3 or 4 dwarf neon rainbowfish, more wonder killis, a dwarf gourami, a Bolivian ram. I'm suggesting a single one of these options and not all of the fish together.

Back
Top Bottom