tank newly cycled... pleco question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank recently finished cycling. It has been running with water for roughly a month n a half. Is it ok to put a pleco in there and feed it the wafers?

Off subject but if I did a fish cycle is it still necessary to do a large water change?

Hi Brian,

Sorry if I confused you in your other thread, I removed my post. I had forgotten you were doing a fish-in cycle, so no no reason to do a large pwc before you add any new fish.*Just keep an eye on your parameters and do water changes as needed to keep the level safe.

For others reading this: Brian has been doing a fish-in cycle. He went through the nitrite spike. Ammonia is being processed and he is between 0 and 0.25 on his most recent nitrite test. So he's pretty close to being fully cycled.

Brian correct me please if I spoke incorrectly on anything above :)

Yea you can put a pleco in there. They are algae eaters but they can eat other stuff also. You don't have to be growing an algae farm to sustain them, they also eat biofilm and will eat any food that sits on the bottom.

^^ I'd listen to him, he knows a lot more than me! lol

Again just keep watching your levels and add fish SLOWLY and be ready to do water changes when needed. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom