Tank not leveled...by 1/16 of an inch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissa1977

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ve just set up my new 40 gallons long tank. Everything is already in the tank ; water, fish, plants an decoration.

I just fond out that the tank is not perfectly leveled. From front to back it is but from side to side I measured a difference of about 1/16 of an inch or 3 mm.

Should I be worried ?

I'm sure that you will be fine. I have a stand that I found to be twisted almost 1/4 of and inch from corner to corner. I didn't even know that it was twisted until I recently tore down the tank. I've had the stand for at least 8 years and haven't had any problems.

nope, i can guarantee you that many of us have uneven tanks....mine is about the same where my left side is higher then my right, its nothing to worry about unless it keeps getting worse otherwise if its the same you will just have some uneven water, but if it bothers you...you could put some pieces of wood underneath whatever is holding the tank up....dont be too worried but like i said just make sure it doesnt get worse :D

I don't think you should have a problem because that difference is not such a big deal. I have a 44gal tank that is off by just about that much and has been up and running for over three years without a problem.

My tank is a 125 gal. and 6 ft. long and is off by 1/4 inch, left to right. As mentionned before, noting to worry unless it starts getting worse.

8)

They make 1/16 inch strips of wood that is put up before you lay on plaster (old renovation work) and they are used behind bath tub surrounds... 8)
This is assuming if you would want to shim it.. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom