Tank of death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
O one of my two 55 gal has become a tank of death it seems. After the green tigers died of some unknown reason a few of my older danios have passed. A few were about three years old, so I knew it was coming.

I plan on transferring the remaining danios to my other 55g where there is another school of them in a while. My question is how long should I wait before I move them. They never got sick from whatever killed the new addition green tiger barbs (they got popeye and all died within 36hr of the first funny swimming.). I really don't want to make my other 55gal sick, but the only thing left in the tank of death are three danios. I'm worries they might pass from the stress of loneliness.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in, but IMO you shouldn't transfer anything from that tank of death over to the other 55. Not right away at least.

I would wait at least two weeks, and if those danios show no signs of being unhealthy, then I would transfer them over, being very careful to not get any water from the deadly 55 in the other one. Those danios probably won't die of loneliness in that time. I just don't think it's worth the risk of having two sick tanks.

Just my two cents though.

I agree. The danios that are dead/dying are all ~3years old. It has been about a week and a half so far since the total wipe out of the green tiger barbs. No wait it's been longer. I just have researched conflicting time lengths.

Lol well I'd still wait maybe another week, just to be on the safe side. That's just me though, I'm a little over-cautious at times.

Back
Top Bottom