Tank Over Crowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbreeder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i have a 30 gallon tank and it have 6 neon tetra but 2 just two die. 3 female guppy , 2 lyri tail guppy , 1 cobra guppy , 1 pelco , and one painted platy.

All together would be 11 but one of the neon tetra i saw was ate from the belly and i think it's pelco? but he;s always hiding behind the filter.

Any chance it's over crowded? Or how many can i add more?

Hi i have a 30 gallon tank and it have 6 neon tetra but 2 just two die. 3 female guppy , 2 lyri tail guppy , 1 cobra guppy , 1 pelco , and one painted platy.

All together would be 11 but one of the neon tetra i saw was ate from the belly and i think it's pelco? but he;s always hiding behind the filter.

Any chance it's over crowded? Or how many can i add more?

It doesn't seem to be over crowded. The guppies and neon tetras only get 2.5 inches I think. So you shouldn't have any problems as long as you do regular water changes with a conditioner, and you check your water conditions.

What kind of Pleco do you have? If it's a common pleco it will grow way too big for your tank. A bristlenose pleco is much smaller full grown and albino ones tend to stay out during the day which most pleco's don't. Otherwise your stocking is fine. It would be good if you can up your school of neons again. The amount of fish you could add all depends on what type of fish you want to add.

Back
Top Bottom