Tank prices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
I've been debating about picking up another tank and Petco has a $1 per Gallon sale running from now until 1/15. Sizes include 10G, 20G High, 20G Long, 29G, 40G Breeder and 55G. Good deal?

$1 a gallon for new tanks is always a good deal. IMO

$1/gal for "new" is pretty good. Have you considered "used" from others in your area . (ie Craigslist).

The 40B is normally about $110. I'd recommend either that or the 29g as tanks with nice dimensions. If I had some spare cash, I'd be picking up another 40B.

Good to know, thanks BigJim. Those two sizes were actually the two i was considering. Petsmart has Aquaclears on sale until the end of Jan (what I have on my 37gal) and I have a coupon for 15% off light fixtures at That Pet Place, so I'm seriously debating about picking up another tank if I can find a cheap enough stand for it. I don't really have spare cash...but my birthday is coming up and figured that was as good as an excuse as any to go shopping! ;)

Way smaller then what I was planning but this caught my eye on CL today.

20 Gallon Tall Fish Tank with cabinet, Fluval 104 Cannister filter, Turbo twist 3X - 9 Watt UV sterilizer (needs Bulb), Automactic Fish feeder, Light, Gravel, Plants, and accessories. 100.00 FIRM

3o63p33l15V65T35P0abuf2c9363a222b19f7.jpg

3m83p03l05Z15P65X4abudab263f7b6af18e1.jpg

Thoughts?

The UV bulb will be expensive if you want to use the sterilizer. Otherwise it looks like a good deal.

Good to know. I don't have one now, so wouldn't necessarily need to run it. I've never had a Fluval, I run an AquaClear on my 37 gal. Aything I need to know in particular about that?

Fluval and AquaClear are both made by Hagen. I've heard nothing bad about Fluval canister filters, but I only have HOBs. Looks like the setup has potential to be a nice planted tank.

Trying to decide what to do...Found yet another 20 on CL this morning. Same price. This one doesn't have the Fluval, but it has a Current USA t5 light on the top which is what I have on my 37 gal. Still haven't seen anything bigger on there that I like or can afford!

3n93mc3ob5O05Q35P4b159ba51f15b0461176.jpg

I would just keep looking on CL if I were you until what you want comes along, I found someone giving away they 110gal with tank, stand, canopy and filter and was 10 min late to get it!

Also, I got my 75gal acrylic stand used from craiglist and it cost the same than my 20gal new, I don't think I'll ever full tank setups from petsmart/petco again!

Yeah it sucks to wait around but it pays off in the end IMO

Good luck =)

Tank Prices

I've been debating about picking up another tank and Petco has a $1 per Gallon sale running from now until 1/15. Sizes include 10G, 20G High, 20G Long, 29G, 40G Breeder and 55G. Good deal?

Are you serious $1/per gal at Petco is that at all Petco's including here in Houston, TX?????

I picked up a 55 gallon long with an iron stand, lid, filters and decorations for free off of craigslist. Just keep looking and the right deal will come along.

I picked up a 55 gallon long with an iron stand, lid, filters and decorations for free off of craigslist. Just keep looking and the right deal will come along.

Wow, that's great. I've yet to see a free one in my area. Almost everyone charges over a dollar a gallon around here for their used tanks. It's frustrating.

I did end up getting the 20 gal (for $70) but only because I figured what's one more tank if I find another I like later? ;) I'm actually excited about it because it has a dual 24W Nova Extreme T5 fixture on it (10K and plant bulb) so I ought to have be able to get some nice plants to grow in there.

Back
Top Bottom