Tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about completely cleaning my tank which means I'd have to take my fish out. I have a spare 20gal tank, would I have to do a cycle with that tank first and a cycle with my current tank when I refill it?

I'm thinking about completely cleaning my tank which means I'd have to take my fish out. I have a spare 20gal tank, would I have to do a cycle with that tank first and a cycle with my current tank when I refill it?

You would have to cycle the tank. If your breaking the tank down why not just transfer all the water and filter over to the spare. Clean the the tank and switch back over.

Why are wanting to clean the entire tank? Something happen?

Yes if you.completely clean the tank and everything. If your just going to do the tank then move the filter over with the fish and then back together. Don't clean the filter wait a week to do it

Nothing's wrong with it from what I can tell but after reading alot of topics on these forums I realized that i haven't done alot of things correctly. I really need to clean the intake tube on my filter, add more plants and some sand or fine gravel, and rerun some of my air tubing. I also wanna clean the gravel but I guess I can do that with my gravel vac. I guess I just thought it would be easier to start over but that's prob not the case now

Nothing's wrong with it from what I can tell but after reading alot of topics on these forums I realized that i haven't done alot of things correctly. I really need to clean the intake tube on my filter, add more plants and some sand or fine gravel, and rerun some of my air tubing. I also wanna clean the gravel but I guess I can do that with my gravel vac. I guess I just thought it would be easier to start over but that's prob not the case now

It happens. We all get into that mood. I'll be staring at my tank and think maybe ill do this or that. And before you know it my tanks is on a breakdown and I'm rescaping.

I know Andy goes trough the same thing too.

It happens. Do what makes you happy. A nice gravel clean, water change, clean the filters etc. I believe Andy stated it and I agree. Just don't do it all at once.

Back
Top Bottom