Tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am from Ohio. I threw out the pads. I thought all that gunk was just poop and food. I had no idea it was all bb. I had a major long lasting bought of depression and neglected my tank so it was infested with algae. I threw out the pads trying to get rid of any returning algae. But now I wish I hadn't.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am cleaning a canister the next day or so but not sure if I could pack and ship my dirty filter pad to you, I would probably rinse it out and reuse but would gladly ship it to you if you think it will work , however very cold here right now and not sure if that will kill all the good stuff in it.

Location?

^That is a kind offer.^
Even if bacteria freezes it will regenerate.
Think Winter in the North East and the word hibernation....

I am from Ohio. I threw out the pads. I thought all that gunk was just poop and food. I had no idea it was all bb. I had a major long lasting bought of depression and neglected my tank so it was infested with algae. I threw out the pads trying to get rid of any returning algae. But now I wish I hadn't.

I am also from Ohio and if you are in the Columbus area there are 2 way better lfs than Jacks. Aquarium Adventure and Rivers to Reefs. They steered me in the right direction for sure. Aquarium Adventure is HUGE and a fish mecca. Rivers to Reefs is a smaller store with a big selection.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am also from Ohio and if you are in the Columbus area there are 2 way better lfs than Jacks. Aquarium Adventure and Rivers to Reefs. They steered me in the right direction for sure. Aquarium Adventure is HUGE and a fish mecca. Rivers to Reefs is a smaller store with a big selection.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I live about 45 minutes away from the area.

If this happens again reach out here. You aren't the only one who has depression. Sometimes my pets are the only reason I get out of bed. I'd offer to come help but I live on the other side of Indiana.

Yeah if you need a used sponge for bba I have heat packs if that would make a difference versus frozen.

Brenna

If this happens again reach out here. You aren't the only one who has depression. Sometimes my pets are the only reason I get out of bed. I'd offer to come help but I live on the other side of Indiana.

Yeah if you need a used sponge for bba I have heat packs if that would make a difference versus frozen.

Brenna

thanks. I think I am going to just let it go on cycling. Learn my lesson haha.

^That is a kind offer.^
Even if bacteria freezes it will regenerate.
Think Winter in the North East and the word hibernation....

Thats good to know and interesting that if it freezes it won't kill it , just puts it to sleep.

I think of winter in the Northeast and think Snowmobile.....no time to hibernate it's a short season.(y)

Those pads can be rinsed off in tank water and reused , and if you have multiple pads and they need changing; replace one pad and then next time change the other pad so not to loose all the good stuff all at once.

I am cleaning a canister the next day or so but not sure if I could pack and ship my dirty filter pad to you, I would probably rinse it out and reuse but would gladly ship it to you if you think it will work , however very cold here right now and not sure if that will kill all the good stuff in it.

Location?

Hey scuba dude. I think my tank is now cycled...haven't shown any nitrates at all after nitrites disappeared though. I would like to bag up or bottle or whatever you do with the bb goop and ship to a friend who may need help cycling. How do you properly store and ship that?

Hey scuba dude. I think my tank is now cycled...haven't shown any nitrates at all after nitrites disappeared though. I would like to bag up or bottle or whatever you do with the bb goop and ship to a friend who may need help cycling. How do you properly store and ship that?

If it's not too cold you just have to keep it wet. I got some snails in the mail this week that had some sort of long acting heat pack in it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's not too cold you just have to keep it wet. I got some snails in the mail this week that had some sort of long acting heat pack in it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Interesting. Okay. My friend said she is doing fine with her cycle. But if I could sell it I think it would be cool. I really want like a 5-10 gal for either a male beta or quarantine. So if I ever get that I'll use goop from the 20.

Sorry I just saw your response , if you are still interested let me know and we can figure something out for sure. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Sorry I just saw your response , if you are still interested let me know and we can figure something out for sure. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

My cycle finished so I am sure I have goop.

Back
Top Bottom