Tank Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been looking around at some used tanks and someone emailed me from craigslist stating they had a 100 gallon tank for sale. They sent me a picture and to me it looks like a 55 gallon tank and the top frame is chipped. When I asked them about it they said it was supposed to look like that because its a wood frame...although it is definitely broken/chipped. They also said that it is for sure a 100 gallon tank because they have a 55 gallon and this tank is way bigger ughh...haha but what I was wanting to see is if anyone knew what size it was just by looking at it. Thank you!

Attachments

• Tank876.jpg
    Tank876.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 158
I agree it looks like a 55. I have a 75 and it is twice as wide. If you think about it the planks are between 5 & 6 inches wide.

That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy! lol but yeah they swear up and down its bigger than the 55 they have...maybe the 55 they think they have is really a 20-30 gallon...But thank you for the response! I just wanted another opinion to make sure!

You'd be surprise at how many I see on CL the same way. I thinks a 100 GL is at minimum 6'' long

Yeah I sent them a message and told them if they would reduce the price for size and the big chunk of wood missing I would think about it lol but they didnt respond...guess they are going to wait for some sucker to try and con!! Thank you guys so much!!

Back
Top Bottom