Tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandomUsername

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello :)
I'm new here and id like to know if my tank is overstocked? The results on the internet are really inconsistent.
I have an aqua style 620 Aqua one with 9 neon tetras, a neon blue dwarf gourami and a cuckoo catfish. Do I have any problems?

This is what aqadvisor.com said

Warning: Synodontis Multipunctatus is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 5 inches.
Warning: At least 3 x Synodontis Multipunctatus are recommended in a group.

Recommended temperature range: 23 - 28 C.
Warning: Water pH requirements are not fully compatible between all selected species.
=> 5.5 - 7.5: Neon Tetra
=> 6 - 8: Dwarf Gourami
=> 7.6 - 9: Synodontis Multipunctatus
Recommended hardness range: 10 - 15 dH.

But currently no you are not over stocked
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

This is what aqadvisor.com said Warning: Synodontis Multipunctatus is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 5 inches. Warning: At least 3 x Synodontis Multipunctatus are recommended in a group. Recommended temperature range: 23 - 28 C. Warning: Water pH requirements are not fully compatible between all selected species. => 5.5 - 7.5: Neon Tetra => 6 - 8: Dwarf Gourami => 7.6 - 9: Synodontis Multipunctatus Recommended hardness range: 10 - 15 dH. But currently no you are not over stocked AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor
Thank you :) I'll give the catfish back and get something more suitable

If you want catfish you can get a group of cory catfish they are small cute and fun

I have juli and peppered they are preety ad lots of types of them .. Most only get up to 2-3 inch

Yes Corys are SO easy. Hardy fish. Personally I wouldn't worry so much about the differences in ph. As long as the ph LVL is stable the fish will be fine and happy. Ph becomes important if you're trying to breed.

as long as you have a tank with a 30x12 inch footprint you will be fine with most corydoras. some need 48 inch tanks and a couple nano cories can live in 18 inch tanks like corydoras pygmaues. they just need a substrate that isn't sharp enough to damage their whiskers

Yes Corys are SO easy. Hardy fish. Personally I wouldn't worry so much about the differences in ph. As long as the ph LVL is stable the fish will be fine and happy. Ph becomes important if you're trying to breed.
That's great! I'm not looking to breed so that's easy :)

as long as you have a tank with a 30x12 inch footprint you will be fine with most corydoras. some need 48 inch tanks and a couple nano cories can live in 18 inch tanks like corydoras pygmaues. they just need a substrate that isn't sharp enough to damage their whiskers
I have a 25x20 inch could I keep False Julii Cory's?

Don't understand why that would say not fully compatable ph ... When they all can be at 7 cuz it's in all of thier ranges

Back
Top Bottom