tank stocking opinions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 55 gallon fresh water tank, good filtration, heater, two inches of gravel, decor, and two live plants (plan for more), oh and a bubble curtain with a decor that has bubbles.
6 female fancy guppies
5 long fin zebra danio
6 tiger barbs
1 small clown pleco

I am new to the hobby. I am looking for opinions. I am not adding more fish yet this is just so I know. I would like to get a center piece fish, a couple corys or other bottom feeders, maybe a brislenose pleco since clown won't eat too much algae, and maybe a few other fish.

Yes cycled. With weekly water changes

Rainbows, killies, tetras, barbs, rasboras, some of the more docile and peaceful cichlids, gouramis, peacock eels, a single rainbow shark or RTBS, cories, glass cats...the list can go on forever. How about choosing some fish and then we can go from there? :)

i guess i am just asking where i am at on the stocking gage, in my opinion its pretty empty right now.

Yeah, you certainly seem to have some fish room left in there.:) Its hard to say exactly how much space you have left since fish of similar sizes can have dramatically different space requirements. Why don't you google a few of the species bruins listed to get an idea of what direction you want to go in.

Back
Top Bottom