Tank Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addison

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I already have a tank so I know the whole process so please spare me of that, but I'm heading off to college in a month and would love to have a tank in my dorm. I can't have a tank over 10 Gal, so any suggestions on what I should put in it?

You could always do a betta....but you could also do some guppys if you really wanted to....or like two dwarf pea puffers...or a dwarf gourami and a small schooling fish or somthing....and of course there is also shrimp they are always cool...just a couple options lol

I don't wanna do betta fish that's for sure. I was thinking of some guppies and something else (something small that is). Do you think it would be possible to keep any plecos in a tank this size? I would really love to because I really like plecos? What about a black ghost knife fish or a killie? Any ideas on the "show piece fish" to the tank?

no pleco in a 10 gallon there are several species of killifish that can go in a ten gallon you could put some random small fish like a couple guppies, african dwarf frog and shrimp or something. are you going to have it planted?

That's what thought :/ and I haven't decided yet. Most likely it will be planted though

Look up nano fish as they are great for 10g tanks. Endler's are one of my favorite and have great colors like guppies only smaller (males). In a 10g you could do 3-5 male guppies (I'd do males so you don't have fry to deal with and you get more color), along with a DG or Honey gourami.

Maybe try Least Killies, they are interesting and easy going. I have a crayfish in with mine. They very much stick to the surface and the crayfish, well you know where he lives. I would suggest an Alenie or CPOs. Marbles work well but they are not flashy.

Back
Top Bottom