tank tempature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
76-82 is pretty average for tropical fish. Look up your specific species and see what range they fall in, and put it wherever they fall.

I tend to keep mine right at 79-81* with Every tank I own and it works well for me

76-82 is pretty average for tropical fish. Look up your specific species and see what range they fall in, and put it wherever they fall.

I tend to keep mine right at 79-81* with Every tank I own and it works well for me

Okay haha another question how do I work my heater it has a twisty knob on it haha

it should say + and - on which way you turn it and keep turning it slightly until you get the desired temp. be sure not to change the temp too fast, or you will shock the fish. if its a stick-on thermometer strip on the outside, they aren't accurate. all my tanks have strip thermometers, that are usually within 1-2 degrees of the actual temp and i also use a digital food grade thermometer for exact temp and water changes

Put it where you want it and check the thermometer periodically to make sure the temp is staying stable, adjust it if it is too high or low.

Make sure you unplug it when you are doing water changes. It will shatter if it runs outside of the water

Back
Top Bottom