Tank Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Netti

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, as some of you know, my tank came down with ich, and at least 4 fish were affected. Last Friday I bought Super Ick Cure by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals while I was away to find that all I fish have naturally came over it themselves (I was gone so I couldn't monitor them), except my dead runt....who was COVERED in it. I immediately got it out the tank, and still treated the tank a little and added some Ammonia/Stress cure which they love. Since it's thick, you can see it move threw the water until it thins out, and they like to indulge their bodies in it. LOL.

As of now, I have my Common Pleco, Hybrid Platy (Gold with Black Spots), Yellow Twin Bar Platy (Who just gave birth to 4 little ones YAY ME! They already have color and bars on their tails, and they chase each other around in the net), White Dalmation Platy, and Blue/Clear Mickey Mouse Platy. I've had plenty fry in my days, but this is my first batch in over a year. New bought fish seem to be the only fish who give birth now because all my other fish are never pregnant. The Blue/Clear Mickey Mouse Platy is still pregnant, and since the Twin Bar gave birth, the gravid spot is now gone. All are happy as well so I guess so far, so good. :wink:

Momma Netti: yay! Babies *grin*

I'm glad to hear most of the fish made it thru ok. Do be careful; without a full treatment ich is most likely still in the tank, although subclinical. Watch your lil campers carefully!

Back
Top Bottom