Tank Update!! YOU BEST READ AND HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyways so I emptied my 40 Gal Hex and set up a ten gal and put my fish in the 10 gal (which is only 6 guppies,3 platys, and 3 otos) yes its still overstocked but its temporary. I emptied my 40 gal because i had put a starfish in it that i thought was fake but was real but dead and was making the tank stink so I am gonna clean the tank tomorrow and fill it up. I will put seachem prime in and then acclimate my fish back to it so i can do a fish in cycle because i think its best. I saved the filter cartridge from the 40 gal and some other stuff and its sitting in water so i can seed my tank. I tested the water in the 10 gal my fish are in right now and it came out...
Ammo: 0.50
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
pH: 7.6

So this tank is beggining a cycle which will be finished since i plan to use it. Anyways so I will post results and such on testing and do plenty of water changes but the sad thing is my water changer thing wont fit my faucet:( so back to buckets well i can use I just need someone else to hold it onto the faucet:ermm:

Hopefully all my fish will make it but currently one of my guppies is missing in the tank ughhhh im just not having a good day with my fish:(

Advice and help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

I don't know about doing a cycle with fish. Especially with Otos but I guess you have no choice but other than that you have pretty hardy fish so it shouldn't be a problem. Keep an eye on the Otos though. Good luck!

fishless cycle with some pure ammonia is faster and should take approximately 2 weeks for new tanks.

Back
Top Bottom