Tank upgrade advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connorMV

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 96L tank housing; 1 danio zebra, 1 BN catfish and 5 Jewel Cichlids. Soon I will be upgrading to the Fluval Roma 240 (so excited) and was wondering the best way to switch over everything. What I was thinking I would do is the following. Use as much water from the current tank as possible, all rocks and wood that I will put in will also be from the current tank and also put the current filter sponge into the new filter. Then when the water hits the temp add the Zebra, the next day add the BN catfish. Then if all is well a few days later add the Cichlids. Any advice on this?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That IS exciting! What a gorgeous setup! Can you start Fluval 306-appropriate media in your current tank concurrent with what you're already running? This will get it established within 2-4 weeks, that plus moving decorations and solid chunk of substrate will see you fine for a full move over, assuming the pleco will take algae wafers while the tank builds up a good coating of goop for it to nom on. I get that it'll work on what's on rocks and wood, but mine will stick to the glass as well, when there's something there for it :D

Yes, you'd be just as well off moving the filter media from one to the other, but if you have fresh media established from your old tank you'll have that much more time before you need to address it for maintenance.

Thank you! Not sure if the 306 media will fut in my existing filter but I'll give it ago!
Yes my BN catfish loves his algae waffers so that could help.
Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom