Tank Upgrade Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 60-Gallon non-planted tank with an Alligator Placo (8" Hence non-planted, 3 Corys (different species, Green, Pepper, & Albino), 7 longfin serpae.

I want to properly stock this tank, no skittles, and have lower, middle, and upper strata species.

Right now, I am thinking of added a new Green, Pepper, & Albino Cory, so they have a look alike buddy. Making 6 total Corys.

I would like to add some Kuhli Loaches, need advice on how many.

The longfin serpae seem to go to the lower middle strata, is 7 enough?

Looking for an upper to middle strata fish that will work well. Either a center peace fish or two, or a school of smaller fish.

Excited to hear your thoughts.

Corys don’t make a shoal between different species. I’d return four of the six, then up it to a total of 6 of the same species. They’ll be much happier and more social. They exhibit really cool behavior when you keep them in larger groups.

I second that. Cory's should always be a MINMUM of 4 per species, 6 is always better.

Awesome, I will get my Coreys all straight with only one breed. How many Kuhli Loaches would be appropriate for this tank.

Back
Top Bottom