tankbusters in the making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was a little surprised last night when I went to visit my parents and saw 2 small arowanas in my dad's 33 gallon tank. I told him that these fish can grow to be several feet in length and he said to me that a guy at the lfs said that these ones will only get to be about 6 inches (he held his hands apart and said "this big" anyway...). I have never heard of this. Is there a dwarf species or was he just had by the lfs? Right now they are probably 1.5 inches and silverey in colour.

I knew a guy growing up who kept an arowana...it eventually outgrew his 100 gal tank and he had to give it away to a local aquarium...It was 4 ft long when he gave it up. Really cool fish but definitely a tank buster. :)

Would he like to buy a Hummer that gets 50 mpg as well, because...

Why is it that other businesses have to keep some vague semblance of honesty, but pet stores can (and often do) lie like crazy to make a sale. I can almost understand not questioning if someone says "I want to buy that arrowana/oscar/black ghost knife" to make a sale, but actively disseminating bad information is evil.

definately tank buster, i have one myself its about 7-8 inches long now, and its a beautful fish and is not showing signs of any stress but they do require alot of swimming room..

Back
Top Bottom