tankmate and vacuum advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candygirl415

Aquarium Advice Regular
What mid/upper level fish can I put in my 20g with 6 adfs, ghost shrimp, and cherry shrimp? I don't want a school, just 2-3 fish. I don't want my adfs stressed. They are first priority. Love my little guys. I'm not worried about my cherries or their future babies. I've plenty of hiding places for their chance of survival. I'm thinking endlers, but what I've read say 6+. I don't want that many. Can they be happy with 2? Also I'm thinking in the future of a couple ottos. Can they be in a group of 2? Lastly I'm doing some decor rearranging to put in a driftwood retaining wall. I'm going to need to vacuum as i'll be stirring up quite a bit of gravel. Will my cherries have the sense to hide elsewhere? I don't want to hurt them or suck them up. There are no babies atm, just adult/juvie mix. Will it upset my habitants if I rearrange everything? Or should I do a little at a time? I've gotten new things and I need to fix how they will sit.

I read gourami would be ok with the frogs, but not so much the cherries. I'm not looking to have a huge colony, but would like to maintain a small amount. I considered a betta, but my boyfriend wouldn't like it, only cause he thinks everyone should have a buddy, lol. I like the idea of endlers cause if there are fry for my frogs to eat, maybe they'll leave most baby cherries alone. Has anyone ever kept 2-3 endlers with them being happy in a small group? It's going to be a while before I do add anything. I've got to clean and rearrange then get some plants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hey, last year i had a draft gourami pair in 20g with cherry shrimps and 2 adf and some tetras. my shrimps were breading happily and no one was eating the babies as i had plenty of hiding spaces. my frogs were happy as well but at some point my gouramies decided to mate and the male gourami killed my tetras since he became very territorial. But yeah my cherries and frogs were not touched since they lived at the bottom and gouramies occupied the middle and the top:) (the frogs were clever enough to grab the air from behind the filter and behind the plants so that the gourami wouldn't see them (never seen baby gouramies though :( ) I dont have any ex with endlers, sorry. GOOD LUCK!

Hatchet fish are definitely a top fish but do like to be in groups. Guppies stay middle/upper and so do rainbows

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I did gouramis, like 2 females, and no breeding, would they stay nonagressive and nonterritorial? My frogs don't stay on the bottom. I got them a small floating turtle dock set right below the water line. Except for feeding time, there is ALWAYS at least 2 up there. However they don't hang out on top of it (my shrimp do). They chill between it and the glass. Its quite funny cause when you look at the dock, you'll see noses poking the surface, and several dangling frog feet underneath it. I have lazy frogs, easier to just hang out there than swim up for air, but they love it. I don't want them scared to be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom