Tankmate for a Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since goldfish are colder water, a small school of white cloud mountain minnows would go nicely, IMO. :D

Um...in a 10 gal? ZERO.

Most other possible coldwater companions need to be in groups OR are equally large fish.
The best company for goldfish I am sorry to break it..is goldfish.
Goldfish are messy fish that need a lot of surface area because of their oxygen requirements. The more heat you add..the more oxygen in t he water.
The rule of thumb ofr golds is 10 gallons per fish. Most prefer 15 gal per fish. More is need for koi.

Tetras need...
WARM
STABLE
PRISTINE
enviroment....plus the gold fish wll eat them as soon as it is large enough.
Goldfish are after all Carp a catfish type fish. What fits in the mouth ..goes down the hatch.
Most gold fanciers keep 3-4 fancies in a highly filtrated 55gal and start them in 29.
that is why I currently have no golds...

Yup, I totally agree with Christmasfish. One goldie to a 10 gallon is plenty. You will be amazed at how quickly it will grow and how dirty your gravel will be when you go to clean it. They are just dirty fish. I personally wouldn't put another in the tank unless it is small, like a feeder goldfish that you wish to raise, and only if you plan on getting larger tank later. Technically, white cloud minnows would live with them, but only if they were large, or your goldfish exremely small. And a no-no to the tetras as well, they require tropical temps for their water.

Back
Top Bottom