Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mka580

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Right now I have 2 pictus catfish, pleco, clown coach, dinosaur loach. I want and Oscar or a CichilId. Can either of those to live with my other fish

60gal tank

Hmm...60gal not a standard size. How wide is it?

A couple of things.

First of all that tank is way too small for an Oscar so that would be out.

Second, what is a Dinosaur loach? It isn't a Polypterus, is it? If so, it will probably eat most of the other inhabitants of your tank.

The good news is there are lots of other cichlids that could go in a tank that size once we know the dimensions.

Sorry bro I meant to put 75 gal... and dinosaur bichir is what I meant my apologizes

Sorry bro I meant to put 75 gal... and dinosaur bichir is what I meant my apologizes
Yeah....those are some serious carnivores. I don't know how big it is now but expect that it will eventually eat anything it can fit in it's disproportionately large mouth.

As for cichlids you need something small enough to fit in a 75g but large enough to not get eaten.

How about a chocolate cichlid? Interesting larger fish but not nearly as aggressive as an oscar would be. Just make sure you get one big enough that it can't be eaten or grow it out in another tank before moving it over.

Clown loach should have at least 5 friends IMO .
Not only will he enjoy them ,but you will too.The more clowns the more fun !
Fish with personality and still reasonable in the cichlid world,
Electric Blue Acara ...
I have 7 in my 180 with my clowns and Denison barbs.They are puppy dogs compared to other comparably sized cichlids..
I even know some one offering a great deal on them !
AquaBid.com - Item # fwcichlids1505210718 - UP TO 8 ELECTRIC BLUE ACARA w/shipping - Ends: Tue Sep 12 2017 - 05:05:18 AM CDT

Research the Green Terror, "Rivulatus". It's a close cousin of the Blue Acara, a little bigger, with orange highlights on the dorsal and tail fins. A full grown male reaches an average of 8"
in a tank. Its not particularly agressive against different species, but two male GT's together equals eventual death. One of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom