Tankmates for 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennnie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I've been keeping fish almost a year now. I bought a 10 gallon tank, Green Cories, and 3 African Dwarf Frogs with the intention of upgrading my Betta from his 3 gallon tank, but he ended up harassing the Cories and taking a chunk out of one tail within a day, so needless to say he had to go back to his old tank.

I'm now wondering what I could add to the 10g that would liven up the upper/medium layer of the tank, since the Cories and ADFs are usually on the bottom. Any ideas for fish that could join that aren't so small that the ADFs would eat them but aren't aggressive? The Cories got very stressed with a predator in the tank.

Thanks in advance!

How many Cory's do you have. 10 gallon tanks are pretty limited.

Welcome to AA!!

I currently have 2 cories, since the one my betta took a bite out of died.

There's several small Tetra fish you could add but maybe your taking a chance of them getting eaten by your frogs?? Outside of small schooling fish I'm not sure you could add much more. Realistically you should keep at least 4 cory cats together which nearly maxes that tank out with the frogs.

Only problem I see is that Cories should always be a minimum of 4, 6 is better

The cories would be happier with more of their friends but if you want variety I think you could add one honey gourami without much issue. Not to many other fish you can add, 10gals are pretty limited, esp with adding cories sadly.

For example, my gf's 10gal has 3 priscilla tetras, 1 honey gourami, 1 mystery snail. Thats pretty much fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom