Tankmates for a 9 " Clown knifefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judymayes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one 9 "Clown Knifefish and want to know what is the smallest fish that could live with him where he wouldnt try to eat them as i have read they are pretty peaceful except to their own kind any advise would be appreciated .:)

the clown knife is in a 29 gal by himself I have a 55 gal and a 75 gal I just want to make sure of what i put him with

the clown knife is in a 29 gal by himself I have a 55 gal and a 75 gal I just want to make sure of what i put him with
A clown knife fish needs 120 gallons to him alone. 75 gallons is like a closet for him. If you don't want to see you're fish suffering or in pain, i suggest re-homing him(y)

I bought him from a LFS store that had him in a tiny tank someone brought him in who didn't want to keep him any longer he had parts of his back and tail all torn and ripped off and in a lit tank with the lights never turned off , he is all healed up now and eats very well he has more room now than he did I will have to see what i can do for him .

I bought him from a LFS store that had him in a tiny take someone brought him in who didn't want to keep him any longer he has more room now than he did .
They put them in small tank's because they are sold quickly. But you will kill him in a 29-55 or 75 gallon tank. Just because he has more room doesn't mean he is any happier. That's like saying you're in a 2 by 6 closet, then you get moved into a 4 by 6 closet. Not any happier then before:/
Also, when i say re-home him, i say give it to someone who has experience with these fish and a huge tank. They just aren't for small tanks.

we live in a small area I do not know any fish people to give him to but I will ask the fish shops if they know anyone who would want him who has a big tank and he wasn"t happy when he was brought to the store and anyone with a heart would felt the same way I did he needed care he wasn't getting where he was, so yes I can say honestly he is alot better off than he was last month when I brought him home .

we live in a small area I do not know any fish people to give him to but I will ask the fish shops if they know anyone who would want him who has a big tank and he wasn"t happy when he was brought to the store and anyone with a heart would felt the same way I did he needed care he wasn't getting where he was so yes I can say honestly he is alot better off than he was last month when I brought him home .
I would then suggest putting him in the 75 gallon until you can re-home him:/

I am working on that ,I just have some smaller type tropical fish Rainbow Fish and Otocinclus I didn't know if he would try to eat them ?:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom