Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

tankmates for betta?

My betta was just moved into a 20 gallon tank, and I want to add more fish...what should/can I put with him?

Old 12-26-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a betta and researched tank mates a fair bit.... anything the same size or smaller, that is peaceful and doesn't have a tenancy to nip at fins. ie neon tetras, rasboras, mollies bottom dwellers I've read are compatible.... Cory's are cute
I have a 68l... I think it's about 15 gallons with my betta. I think I'm going to let him keep the tank to himself.... he seems to like it I do have a shrimp in there with him.... which seems to do fine with him. he went after the shrimp a few times but gave up when he realised the shrimp is super fast compared to him haha

Old 12-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

tankmates for betta?

Neon tetras have a tendency to nip fins, especially if they don't have a large enough school. But you could work it out in a 20 gallon with your betta, be prepared to separate them if something happens. I know Corydoras are also an option, you should have a small shoal and sand substrate. Guppies that aren't too flashy could work out.

Tags
ate, betta, mate, tan, tank, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com