tanks off craiglist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg07

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey i was looking around craiglist and i saw a 10 gal and a 5 gal for 12$.they dont have any accsesorries though like hood ,heater..... should i take this deal if i get the tanks they will be shrimp and snails only.

Only if they are in good shape. Not too scratched up & no leaks.

Considering that new 10 gal can be had for $10 on sale, this is a so-so deal.

I've looked at plenty of tanks off Craigslist. I'd take a look at it first, 10 gallon tanks aren't hard to come by. And you'd be surprised at some of the conditions of those tanks...

yeah, i got a free 30 gal with a crap ton of stuff with it... and i got a NICE 55 gal with a pretty wood stand for $15... for the price difference, youd be happier with a nice new clean 10 from walmart...

i just got a 10 gal with filter, light, heater, protein skimmer, glass top, power head, and snail with live rock and the power strip to plug everything in, all free.
cost me gas and a saturday morning. and to make the trip even more worth while i also came home with a 40gal breeder, filter, heater, dual strip light, with a gourami, bichir, 4 red eye tetras, and 4 pepper corys thrown in for free too.
so i think you could do better with a little more patience.

I traded a Blackberry Pearl for a 55g along w/ a heater, canister filter, tons of fish supplies, floating mag cleaner thing, nets, timers for the lights, lights, lid, and food.
Be patient, and maybe try trading something!

i just got a 10 gal with filter, light, heater, protein skimmer, glass top, power head, and snail with live rock and the power strip to plug everything in, all free.
cost me gas and a saturday morning. and to make the trip even more worth while i also came home with a 40gal breeder, filter, heater, dual strip light, with a gourami, bichir, 4 red eye tetras, and 4 pepper corys thrown in for free too.
so i think you could do better with a little more patience.

I wish I had that luck with craigslist.

If you see a used tank on craigslist.. a 10G for 10$ then screw it. Go to petsmart and you can get a 10G off the shelf brandy new for 11$. If its used for 5$ and its a 10G then its a deal lol. I remember someone said something like this for used tanks.

10G-5$
20G-10$
30-40G-20-25$
55G-50$
75G-70$

etc.. i think you get the point. Used tanks should be relative in their price to gallons. Except if its a really nice tank and its over 100G then i think paying a bit more wouldn't seem so out there. Idk, just my opinion though.

I would have to get a 10G for free to take it used. You dont know what it has been used for, if it will hold water...etc... Its not worth the gas to go get it.

im almost scared to get tanks off craigslist without seeing them set up... ive heard bad things about people using them for snakes and turtles and its not good for fish... not real sure... i just remember seeing that on here somewhere... ive not spent hardly anything on my tanks, and they have all came from craigslist.. its also a good way to meet other aquarists in your area...

Back
Top Bottom