Tap to tank water changer questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am disabled and I am finding it increasingly more difficult to get water changes done. I still manage to do them twice a week even though I am going to have to skip the second water change this week (due to Halloween and a killer headache).

I recently learned about the tap to tank water changers and this would be awesome for me to get as it would help with not having to lug jugs and buckets around the house then being in terrible pain afterwards.

Okay so my questions are:

Which is the best and cheapest one out there on the market?

I'm guessing the conditioner should be put in before adding water back in the tank? How much should I use? Enough to treat the whole tank or what is taken out?

Any other tips or bits of advice about this would be great as well. I'm planning on getting a bigger tank in the future (55 or 75 maybe, I haven't figured out how big I want to go). So, I really would want to get one of these by then.

I have RA and have been using a WC'r since 06. I use the Aqueon one and it's going strong. Look on line to see what you can find a good deal and free shipping on.

You remove the amount of water from the tank, set the water temp on the faucets to where you want it, then flip the switch so the tank starts filling. I go to the tank then and add enough Prime (the declor I use) to dose for the entire tank.

I have several tanks, including a 220g that I do 50% WC's in weekly. A WC'r is a god send!

I have RA and have been using a WC'r since 06. I use the Aqueon one and it's going strong. Look on line to see what you can find a good deal and free shipping on. You remove the amount of water from the tank, set the water temp on the faucets to where you want it, then flip the switch so the tank starts filling. I go to the tank then and add enough Prime (the declor I use) to dose for the entire tank. I have several tanks, including a 220g that I do 50% WC's in weekly. A WC'r is a god send!
Sorry for hyjacking but what does ra mean

Back
Top Bottom