DEAR DETECTIVES OF THE FW
AQUARIUM WORLD!! :P
I have a freshwater planted tank (75 Gallons), and I use top fin dechlorinator, the kind where 1 ml will treat 10 Gallons, I use the Aqueon Water changer which hooks up directly to the faucet and allows direct water supply. I am worried that when I pour/drip the dechlorinator into the water, 7.5-8 mls will not disperse enough to come into contact with all the chlorine. Can someone tell me if my worries are true?
Also, I have copper pipes, I am worried that this might have caused the deaths of some of my neon tetras, it could also be the fact that I dose 4-5 times the tank volume in dechlorinator, I have read that extra doesnt hurt, but that was for the people who only added like a bit extra. I add extra to make sure no Chlorine "survives".
SOMEONE please help!! Will dechlorinator keep on circulating until it touches chlorine? SHould I add extra since I am not mixing it in a bucket first?