Target selling "aquarium" bookends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, bookends. The things you place at either end of a stack of books, designed to house fish. I hope this hasn't been posted before, but these "aquariums" are just inhumane and how anyone can call them a suitable home for fish is beyond me. It's like keeping a child in a closet (maybe not that inhumane, but for size relation, yes) Some consumers with no experience in fish might actually buy these to house a betta or goldfish. If you have time, please contact Target and help me get this product removed, it's ridiculous.

Fish Bowl Bookend Set of 2 : Target

Why do they design things like that, knowing that there's maybe a quart of water in there which is pretty much a SUPER nano.. You'd have to do a water change every 15 seconds.

Can't they just use plastic fish?!?

I don't even like bettas in "betta bowls" (1gal or less) My betta is in a 30gal (with other fish.) lol

How is this any different than "pico" aquariums, "betta bowls/cups." etc? I've seen smaller "aquariums" with fishy inhabitants that I would consider just as inhumane whether there's a filter on it or not.

I still think there are degrees of stupid. I mean this shows a tiny jar with nothing at all, not even substrate!

What a horrible and inhumane idea that is, unfortunately I'm sure they will be selling a ton when college starts.

As horrible as this is, I cant see this product lasting very long. Its obvious that the fish will not live for very long in there, and your typical consumer is not going to want to contend with the terrible smell produced by foul water nor the constant cost of replacing the fish every week as it dies. This is very sad to see and is just a marketing ploy that target thought would be a good idea. Dont count on these things flying off the shelves and becoming all the rage.

Back
Top Bottom