tattered tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had 2 rummynose tetras donated to me by a friend for my new tank. They were both MAJORLY stressed out from the move (one more than the other) and spent most of the last 2 days hiding. Last night they started coming out a bit more and today they seem fine. I just got back from the lfs with 3 more for them to hang with (acclimating as I type!) and I noticed that the first two's fins look a little ratty. The don't really look sick, but their fins are a bit tattered I didn't notice it before, but I didn't get to look at them too much either. They are laying low again with all the commotion right now. Could it just be from stress? Should I worry?

Ps. tank is fully cycled, water parameters are fine.

Add some Melafix to help with the tattered fins. Keep an eye on them to watch for unusual behavior or any marks on their bodies. THen if this happens you can diagnose and treat. If nothing happens but the fins heal, you're all set. Kinda a nutshell answer. Let us know if you need an elaboration. Yes, it could be stress. They are just getting used to the new environment, but perhaps one of the original tankmates isn't playing nicely with the new addition.

Ha. One of the tattered ones is already schooling (more or less) with the newbies and the other one is hiding again like a big baby.

Ok, I will pick up some Melafix tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks. The only other tankmates are 6 zebra danios, 2 of which came with the donation so that's probably not it.

Back
Top Bottom