TDS is crazy..help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jojo75931

Aquarium Advice Freak
I measured my tds in my 5 gal shrimp and its like 508. Which is super high.(i have a driftwood and some rocks, but the tds was high before i put it them in. Around 500.) My 55gal is 217. What should i do?:(

Continue your Awsome work!! ?

Have you been adding any kind of "stuff" to the tank? Do you do a different water change schedule?

In nano setup, often people put too much "Prime" or unchlorine product, resulting high TDS. What's your tap TDS ?

That was the pwc water i saved in the bucket. I put dechlorine condition.

I just put the shrimp in that tank.(new) yesterday. Do i need to do another pwc 10% today?

Just do a 50% WC with same temperature new water, see what happen for TDS. If you add prime to unchlorine, you only need few drops per gallons.

My GF betta tank TDS are >600 and our tap is 130. I guess it's the "Betta+" unchlorine product...

Water evaporates very quickly in nano tanks and it's always tempting to just add tap water to top it up.

Have you been topping it up before you added the shrimp.

If water evaporates out then the tds will increase if you top up with tap water again.

It would take a while though.

Now the tds is 115-120, ph is about 6.9-7.0 no sign of amonia or NO2 or NO3. Roughly 5 had died throughout the process. I moved them in with the 7 RCS..the RCS seems to do fine but the RCS stand still and do nothing...they only feed("they" means like 2/5) and actually left their spot. Im fustrated. What am i doing wrong?

..the RCS seems to do fine but the CRS stand still and do nothing...they only feed("they" means like 2/5) and actually left their spot.

Back
Top Bottom