Teeny Tiny Fish Suggestions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeldmansFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently inherited two 3-gallon tanks from my cousins. Anyone have some suggestions for small fish/inverts./etc. that are easy to care for, can go with live plants, and are relatively entertaining? Not really interested in bettas btw.
:thanks:

Personally I like crayfish for small tanks. Like blue or tangerine. With some rasbora galaxy's

Personally I like crayfish for small tanks. Like blue or tangerine. With some rasbora galaxy's

Most crays are not suitable for a tank that size - blue crays, if you're referring to clarkii's, get 5"+ and IMO need 20+ gallons.

Have you looked into sparkling gourami? They are very nice fish, often overlooked for nano setups.

Completely forgot about those haha. I think that would look really good with the plants.

I have a 15 gallon column heavily planted tank & I have 2 Dario Dario (awesome little fish & very colorful but can be shy). 4 ember tetra, 7 mosquito rasboras, 4 Nannostomus marginatus (dwarf pencil fish), assorted shrimp (red fire, yellow fire, Rili, red & black crystal). And I just picked up 2 Parosphromenus parvulus Red Spotted Licorice Gouramis today.

If you want active upper level the mosquito rasboras are awesome. Very colorful & don't hide like so many smaller fish do. Oh & they were under $1 each so you can't beat the price! Here's a pic

image-1386153171.jpg

For tank #1 how does this sound?
-4 Tiger Shrimp
-5 CPDs

Tank #2
-4 Tiger Shrimp
-2 Sparkling Gouramis

Both Tanks will be planted. Any suggestions?

A betta or sparkling gourami would look nice. Licorice Gouramis are another option but they need small food

Ok I'm sure for one tank that I want a sparkling gourami or two and some shrimp, but for the other, would I be able to put some chili rasboras or galaxy rasboras in there? (In addition to maybe 4 shrimp.) I was thinking 6 of them

My personal favorite is the galaxy rasboras. They are small enough and you should be able to keep several in a 3 gallon tank

In a tank that small even with a filter and heater I would only do a planted shrimp tank. I know CPD's are listed for keeping in a tank that small but personally I wouldn't do it much less put other fish and or shrimp in there with them.

Back
Top Bottom