Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Temp climbing to 32c

hi firstly Iím new on here from the uk,

I have had several tanks in the past and have come across an issue I have never had before and thatís my water temp sitting at 32c and itís strange weather has been bad snow storms etc the house is just average, I turned the heaters down just be sure itís not that yet the water is still hoping at 32 unless I open the lid witch I prefer not to do as I have an eel that likes to jump, all of my fish seem happy swimming eating etc, not sure what to do
The fish I currently have are
4 clown loaches
2 rainbow sharks
2 silver sharks
4 gruami
5 angel fish
A catfish
2 red sail fin plecs
And reef eel I believe itís called
As I say they all seem happy ?
Any advice be appreciated

Old 02-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just an obvious question - have you checked your thermometer against several different sources to make sure it hasn't developed a glitch? Several posters in my various fish groups as well as myself have had thermometer issues lately.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have 2 in tank one of the sticky on tank and the glass one they both reading same temperature that was definitely a thought of mine though and used different heaters incase They was broken and was always on
Old 02-19-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I mean it has to be the heater or the lights. That’s the only source if heat in an aquarium right?

Are they adjustable heaters?

When I want to test a heater I pull it out of the tank and put it in a one gallon bucket for a couple hours and see what the temp gets to. Tells you if it’s always on or miscalibrated. I’ve had multiple heaters that are off a few degrees so I just adjust the setting a few degrees higher or lower than I need it.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com