Temperature drop after wc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will stress the fish, especially if it happened rather quickly. Try bringing up the temperature again, but do so slowly as to not add more stress on the fish.

I hope this helps.

It's not good, but it won't kill your fish.
I had a heater malfunction, causing my betta tank to go from 80* to 97*. I of course freaked out, and put cooler water in there right away, and the temp dropped 17* in less than 10 minutes, and my bettas were fine. They still are. ;)

Thank you for the replies. When I did the pwc the temp went down 8 degrees. My heater is slowly warming it back up.

neilanh said:
Try to match the water you PWC with to the same temp next time before changing the water.

I'll try to do that. Thanks. Iboight a 50g container and fill it up the night before wc so it'll atleast go up to room temp.

No harm in getting a small heater for that 50g container too. Small heaters are cheap, you can set it to the same temp as the tank and not have to worry any more.

neilanh said:
No harm in getting a small heater for that 50g container too. Small heaters are cheap, you can set it to the same temp as the tank and not have to worry any more.

Hey, that's a smart idea. Never thought of that. I'll buy a heater for the container. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom