Test kit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally, my test kit came! I need to test the water as I lost my other kit in the move!

Right the levels are: ph: 7.6 ammonia : 0ppm - 025ppm nitrite: 0ppm nitrate: 0ppm! I'm so glad they came out okay ! Thank you convict!

Samzter said:
Right the levels are: ph: 7.6 ammonia : 0ppm - 025ppm nitrite: 0ppm nitrate: 0ppm! I'm so glad they came out okay ! Thank you convict!

Haha looking good! And your welcome

Samzter

You may want to redo the nitrate test.

Zero nitrate in a freshwater "cycled" tank is almost unheard of.

Don't forget to bang the heck out of nitrate test bottle number 2 for at least 30seconds before adding your 10 drops.

Jon

jondamon said:
Samzter

Don't forget to bang the heck out of nitrate test bottle number 2 for at least 30seconds before adding your 10 drops.

Jon

Yep , did all of that and it was still 0. I banged the bottle for over 30 seconds and that what it came up with. I'll test again to make sure then.

I hate the NitrAte test! Bang it do whatever you want they always come up wrong IMO.

I've used 4 different kits and gotten 4 different results and brought my water to my LFS and they got a different result also.

jondamon said:
Samzter

Jon

I've just started learning about water testing (even though I've had my tank a few years) and I've been concerned that I can't get my nitrate to zero, if it's the case the zero is very rare what is a normal acceptable reading? Thanks

Anything between 0-20 I think. It eventually went to 0-5ppm for nitrate. Think it was because I didn't leave it long enough.

Tiesto643 said:
I've just started learning about water testing (even though I've had my tank a few years) and I've been concerned that I can't get my nitrate to zero, if it's the case the zero is very rare what is a normal acceptable reading? Thanks

My planted tank runs at 10ppm of nitrate. I try to maintain this number consistently.

But anything below 40ppm can be ok for fish.

Most aquarists try to keep below 20ppm of Nitrate.

Usually if there is ZERO nitrate it can mean that a tank isn't cycled.

Jon

jondamon said:
My planted tank runs at 10ppm of nitrate. I try to maintain this number consistently.

But anything below 40ppm can be ok for fish.

Most aquarists try to keep below 20ppm of Nitrate.

Usually if there is ZERO nitrate it can mean that a tank isn't cycled.

Jon

Yeah my tank is cycled and all that. That was the first reading it was on zero. It was still at the colour of 0-5 ppm on the last one.

Back
Top Bottom