Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

test kits

hi all

i think i have finally come across a site i can rely on for help and guidance for my love my aquarium..
:P

i currently have a 20g fw tank and am almost finished outting up a new 50G FW tank. and this is the time i think i am gonna need lot of guidance.

to begin with i want to get some test kits which are most necessary.. ?? i think its the ph one.. but just cant get one here ( new delhi !!) its sad as people most of the times dont even realize what it is... maybe i am not looking around too hard..

well so plz advice if someone can how much possible and expensive wud it be to order it through internet ??

i have had my smaller tank since a year without any test kits .. and its been ok.... i hope i am not just worrying too much.. just that whatever i get to read on net refers to these test kite in someway or other

just want to be very very very careful with my big tank ... my dream !!

so help me
plz.. plz.. plz..

thanksinadvance
:P

Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to woodsplace1
I was advised to get a master liquid test kit...A complete kit for testing marine aquarium water. Tests water four ways to protect marine fish and invertebrates from dangerous water conditions. Kit includes tests for: High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, plus four test tubes, holding tray and test tube rack. Fast, easy and accurate...they are at your lfs, ebay, I am pretty sure they are even at Biggs or Meijer or Walmart in the aquarium section if you don't want to pay high prices from a lfs (private owned). It should have all the necessary tests that you will need to check your water...HTH!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsplace1
I was advised to get a master liquid test kit...A complete kit for testing marine aquarium water.
I'm sure this is mistyped. For a freshwater set up you want a freshwater kit, not marine/saltwater. The Aquarium Pharmacuticals freshwater master test kit is the most recommended and IMO it is a good one (and playing chemist is fun too ) As woodsplace1 said, it includes pH, high range pH, 2 step ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate tests. If you have a petsmart near you, print off the webpage with the price of the kit from petsmart.com. They will match that price so you pay about $14 instead of about $30. www.bigalsonline.com and www.drsfosterandsmith.com both carry it as well. You might also consider getting the kH/gH mini-kit, but they aren't quite as necessary unless you are keeping more specialized fish or have very soft water.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I doubt it if PetSmart of any of the other retail chains are available in New Delhi. I would suggest contacting the online retailers linked to check on shipping costs. You may well find that you will need to find something local.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
I doubt it if PetSmart of any of the other retail chains are available in New Delhi.
LOL Ok, so I need to learn to READ not skim
Old 03-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

sorry about that gena575...don't know why I typed "marine", mind is in the ocean today with the 75 degree weather here! sorry about that mistype!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsplace1
sorry about that gena575...don't know why I typed "marine", mind is in the ocean today with the 75 degree weather here! sorry about that mistype!!!
LOL, its all good...I caught the marine mistype, but totally missed the rather important location of the poster. Maybe we should nap more?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

oooohhhh nap...now that sounds like a plan! have a great weekend!

Tags
test, test kits

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com