test result help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As mumma said, weekly water changes are necessary to maintain a healthy environment for your fish.... Every time I've had disease in my tank is when I have been lazy on water changed and usually any issues I have resolve when I get back to doing weekly water changes. Once your tank is cycled and you get a handle on your nitrate levels you will know how much water you will need to change weekly to keep nitrates less than 20ppm. Live plants can help, but weekly water changes still are necessary to replace essential nutrients and remove dissolved organic compounds amd.toxins that build up and can cause issues..

Okay just did another test today at 1:15 central time and results arr as followed,

Ph- about 7.4-7.6
Ammo- .25ppm
Nitrite- .25ppm
Nitrate- 20ppm

So are these results good

**Edit** nitrate is at 40ppm not 20

Hholly said:
Looks like you're getting it under control. Did you move the turtle?

Nope sure didn't, she is in the resovouir in my sump where she has been for 2 weeks, I have.it set up for her but I'm gonna make her a pond outside

jwh0818 said:
Nope sure didn't, she is in the resovouir in my sump where she has been for 2 weeks, I have.it set up for her but I'm gonna make her a pond outside

Test results look good! Keep testing and changing water and you should be cycled in no time. Try and keep nitrAtes under 20ppm. :)

I think your turtle will enjoy her own pond.

Back
Top Bottom