testing equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgetheplec

Aquarium Advice Regular
i think im colourblind, is there such a thing to test the water for nitrates etc other than the master testing kit which has the colour chart, like you can get an electronic tester for testing soil ph?
just thinking

Im gonna make someone mad here but you dont really need to test your water. I have been in the hobby 3-4 years and have not tested my water hardly at all. Once established there isnt much to worry about changing.

Im gonna make someone mad here but you dont really need to test your water. I have been in the hobby 3-4 years and have not tested my water hardly at all. Once established there isnt much to worry about changing.
This is true
Once your tank is established you really don't need to test unless a fish is sick, or some other issue. Or if you've got discus since those are so high maintenance. I very very rarely test my water unless something's wrong.

This is true Once your tank is established you really don't need to test unless a fish is sick, or some other issue. Or if you've got discus since those are so high maintenance. I very very rarely test my water unless something's wrong.

I have 150G tank. Change 20% of the water once a month. All seems to be fine fish + plants .

Sort of agree, got a bit complacent though in my case and had a mini-cycle. As you say, that was due to a (setup) change though (actually several in quick succession that probably didn't help the bb). Ah well, experience gained.

IMO It depends on what kind of fish you are keeping and how much you feed them I test my water once a month or when I notice a issue with my fish but I do a 20% water change every week. It's up to you how you take care of your tank

Back
Top Bottom